Even double eyelid surgery is known as simple surgery, many people worrying about the recovery progress. How long the swelling will remain there? Is there any side effect? Will be there any scar left? In fact, if patient know well how to do before and after the surgery, no need to be concern about that!
Before Double Eyelid Surgery
- Stop taking the medicines that disturb hemorrhage control (birth control pills, hormone drugs, vitamin E, and aspirin) at least 2 weeks before the surgery. Notify the consultant and the surgeon if you are under treatment of hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, and thyroids.
- Stop smoking cigarettes at least 3 days before the surgery. Notify the consultant and the surgeon if you have a cold so that we can check your respiratory system
- Strictly no eating and drinking 6 hours before the surgery
- Prepare comfortable clothes, mask, scarf, cap, and sunglasses. Organize for your guardian or transportation to take you home
After Double Eyelid Surgery
- Swelling and bruising may be present but it will improve as time goes. Avoid sleeping on your stomach and keep your head in an elevated position. It is recommended to use 2-3 pillows during sleep for faster recovery and decrease swelling
- Do not rub your eyelids or blink with force. Avoid crying and do not apply eye make-up for at least 10 days
- Inflammation around the eyes and vision impairment may be present but only temporary. The symptoms will subside as time goes
- Do not consume alcohol and smoking is strictly prohibited for 4 weeks after the surgery
- Avoid wearing contact lens for 3 weeks. Please wear glasses during this period
Want to have more information about Korean double eyelid surgery? Visit our website and contact us through facebook. Also, reach us on instagram and youtube. For free consultation, find the form on this link!